Magnet types include magnets that are magnetic all the time or others that are magnets only under certain circumstances. Here are the main 7 types of magnets.
- Neodymium iron boron (NdFeB) – Permanent magnet
- Samarium cobalt (SmCo) – Permanent magnet
- Alnico – Permanent magnet
- Ceramic or ferrite magnets – Permanent magnet
- Temporary Magnets – magnetized in the presence of a magnetic field.
- Electromagnets – created by running an electrical current through a coil with a metal core.
- Superconductors – made of wire coils of special metal alloys without a metal core.
error: Content is protected !!